Smell

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Smell

Post by Grep42 »

Hi guys, just checking in the game/forum and I have a question. I have read the guide, and it's article on the sense of smell over and over, but I cannot understand how it works. My favorite animal to play is the fox, and smell is of course one of the more important senses for the animal, and I want to see if knowing how to use my sense of smell will improve my game play. So, please, explain it to me if you know.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Re: Smell

Post by Scarikas »

I'd be honored to be the first reply.

Smell works commonly like normal smelling, but in WEO it's a little less complex.
As a fox, rabbit, smell-sensed mammal etc, you can differentiate smell only between threatening animals/predators or peaceful animals/prey, This can be pretty useful if you think about it.
When you smell an animal it appears on your vote count as a green multi-pointed star for prey/peaceful and a red multi-pointed star for predator.

I took this picture just for you.
In the picture the wind is pointing Southeast. That means that whatever you're smelling is in the Northeast direction of you, also known as "Upwind." If you see a star on your vote, look whichever way the wind is coming to you from, or the oposite way of which the arrow is pointing.
Sometimes if a predator is close to you (1 square) you'll be able to smell it regardless of the wind direction.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

Aww, I feel so specil :) Anywho, thanks!
Vegan: The other white meat.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Thanks for helping. ^^
Since the question seems answered, I'll go ahead and lock.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.