Can you pick up an unwilling player?

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Can you pick up an unwilling player?

Post by Summerbreeze »

Hey I was just wondering, can a real player pick you up? Because I was in my friends den and another player picked me up, and when I asked them to put me down, they didn't. This is not a report, it is a question.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Kenya
Global Moderator

Re: Can you pick up an unwilling player?

Post by Kenya »

Moved to Support.

Players can pick you up, however if they purposely kill you by holding into you too long, putting you on a cliff or somewhere you can't get down, or dropping you while flying, you can report them.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

The message that displays when a player tries to pick you up unsuccessfully and when a player attacks you unsuccessfully are exactly the same, correct? "You were missed by _____"

Attacking a player is not allowed, but picking up a player (when done so helpfully) is. How can we be sure that when a player is reported, and the report is supported with a screenshot displaying the "You were missed by (reported player)", that the screenshot actually is proof of the reported player attacking the reporting player, and not an example of the reported player trying to pick up the reporting player, which would be considered allowed and shouldn't be punishable?
"Always be present."
-?
KibaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by KibaWolf »

No.It is unhelpful and causes more stress for the unwilling player.
Last edited by KibaWolf on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

If you were attempting to answer my question, a "yes" or a "no" would not make sense in context. What do you think about players picking up unwilling players, Kiba?
"Always be present."
-?
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Please add a little more to the discussion Kiba, and perhaps explain your point a little better so it's not classified a SPAM.

Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Kenya, I'm quite interested in your input on this discussion as well. Do you think the identical message that is displayed when a player is picked up or when a player is attacked creates an issue?
"Always be present."
-?
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Alrai wrote:Kenya, I'm quite interested in your input on this discussion as well. Do you think the identical message that is displayed when a player is picked up or when a player is attacked creates an issue?
Late reply, sorry!
But yes, it is an issue I believe. Since the player does not know if they're trying to hit them or pick them up, its a little iffy (and the player oculd possibly be reported for "hitting" when they were just picking them up).