Easiest ways to get combat skills QUICKLY.

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Sylentte~
Bluebird Chick

Easiest ways to get combat skills QUICKLY.

Post by Sylentte~ »

I really have a hard time getting combat skills over a short amount of time, and I usually end up killing things and getting injured. I can be lazy, but I want to know if there's an easier way. So, please tell me your tips. ^^ I'd really appreciate it!
Verity on WEO: Bluebird, World 1
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Easiest ways to get combat skills QUICKLY.

Post by Alexander »

I'll let you in on what I do.
If you want to get full combat when you're a prey animal, it's best to start out as a baby with NPC parents (This is because you have so many predators that if you try anything outside, you have a high chance of being killed if you're not careful). With this you can either have the idea of:
1. Killing your siblings
2. Challenging your sibling(s)
3. Picking up and dropping your sibling(s)

If you're a predator animal, it's less likely that you need time to hide before you start gathering your combat. What I like to do is stand on a square where there are no larger predators nearby me, and start spamming challenges on an NPC.

If you're a herd animal, well, you pretty much have no problems other than the wolf. Right now I'm a fully grown elk and I've been running around killing small foxes, coyotes, and even wolves. Oh, and I also like to pick up a bear and keep it as a pet.

When you're killing your siblings, you want to:
Try to spam that button about 8 times, then start to do this; sleep, hit, sleep, hit, etc. This actually saves what's in your stomach, as in you're losing less of what's in your stomach to keep hitting, so it's a nice tactic to use.

When you're challenging anything, go for around 10-15 times, I think it depends on the animal you're using, and then do the same thing, that being the whole sleep, challenge, sleep, challenge, etc. kind of thing.

When you're killing anything that's not stationary like your siblings, you want to hit as much as possible, and when you run out of energy, sleep. Once you sleep, you have 4 squares left to move. After you move 4 squares, you run out of energy again. That is, if you're still determined to kill it. It's also the same with picking up something, too.
(Tip*: When the animal you're hitting runs away, they either go one direction for a period of time, or they start to move in diagonals, only.)

If you do any one of these, or all of them, then you're pretty much set for a good, quick combat filling.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

I like to space my training out. I usually start off as an NPC's child, and say, if the season bar was half full, I'd have half of my combat filled. If it stretches a little more, I work my combat up to that stage.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
niallz299
Baby Mouse

Post by niallz299 »

Thanks I was having the same problem
That girl you just called fat? Shes over-dosing on diet pills. That girl you called ugly? She spends hours putting make up on. That boy you made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. 95% of you won't re-post this, but those of you with a heart will.
Sylentte~
Bluebird Chick

Post by Sylentte~ »

Thanks guys, that really helped! I'll try that! :D
Anymore? :lol:
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Tip: Don't wait to get combat when you are older.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Summerbreeze wrote:Tip: Don't wait to get combat when you are older.
Yeah, it's easier to do when you're a baby with npc siblings.
Another thing to do is try to keep food around while you're training CB
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I usually move all my siblings to a separate square if I can before they are weaned. It's best if they are out of reach of your den's food, so maybe even a separate burrow if you are willing enough. For condor you can just move em right outside; for hawks, though, well... I guess just hope you don't die of thirst.
It's much easier if you are a burrowing mammal at the beginning of spring. Simply move your siblings up a square, that way they don't come in contact with your mother(and therefore will not take milk) and then just focus on getting combat/drinking all of the milk.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

That's a good idea o3o.

/will try that later
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
Sylentte~
Bluebird Chick

Post by Sylentte~ »

StarWolf wrote:I usually move all my siblings to a separate square if I can before they are weaned. It's best if they are out of reach of your den's food, so maybe even a separate burrow if you are willing enough. For condor you can just move em right outside; for hawks, though, well... I guess just hope you don't die of thirst.
It's much easier if you are a burrowing mammal at the beginning of spring. Simply move your siblings up a square, that way they don't come in contact with your mother(and therefore will not take milk) and then just focus on getting combat/drinking all of the milk.
Sorry, I forgot about this.

That IS a good idea! I'm going to try that. :D
WildLife
Baby Mouse
Location: Wherever mah wolfy takes meh. Maybe to Burger king :D

Post by WildLife »

What i do? I challenge not my siblings, but my father. I get combat skills quickly, and he can't attack me nor challenge me back! So your safe there. Plus, By the time your done challenging, your gonna have pretty high combat.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.
I am.