Mates Leaving Their Nests

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Coats
Baby Mouse

Mates Leaving Their Nests

Post by Coats »

I'm jsut curious of what causes this. Sometimes, when I play as a hawk, the female hawks leave while waiting for the eggs to come. My nest is at 100% and there isn't harsh wind or anything, but sometimes I come back to find them outside, flying around. I know that if they are attacked, they will leave, but no other players were in the same world as me. One I found was attacked by fire ants, but the other, I have no idea.

What are the causes that could make your mate leave the nest?

I just hate to see a perfectly good nest go to waste and have the female lay her eggs on the ground outside.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Re: Mates Leaving Their Nests

Post by Scarikas »

When males relog, it breaks all bonds between their mates and their children, Causing the female to forget she ever had a mate.

For females, the bond only breaks if you log out before your babies are born.

By "Bond" I mean what connects you to your mate. For example, the fact your mate lets you into the den without attacking you, Like it would do to anybody else. For another example, If a npc father or npc mother lost it's bond with it's children, It would attack them. Children actually, in fact, probrably don't have bonds. Because baby Fire_Ants can intend to hit their parents when they enter their square, But the parents never attempt to hit the babies.

The reason Females bond's don't break as easily with males is because once the child is born, It has a text and a built-in script to remember it's mother. When examining the baby, it lists the name of the mother. Another bond it may have with it's mother is that she is the only person the baby can suckle milk from.

Idk why I'm making this extremely detailed, but I thought maybe I'de just make a statement on what I know about what I call "bonds"

Nests also have bonds, Because you need one to mate. If you build a nest, relog, then mate it won't work. To reconnect a bond with your nest or claim one, create some sort of "interaction" with the nest. This includes shaking it or adding nest materials.
Last edited by Scarikas on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Coats
Baby Mouse

Post by Coats »

I also knew that, but thank you Scarikas. I'm looking for another reason besides logging out, for I didn't log out and it only occurred with one or two of the hawks. I've never had it happen before, but I'll add that to the reasons. So far:

• Logging off
• When attacked
• Blown out of the tree if its windy. (With birds in branches)
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Hmm.. Think about what could have broken a bond between you and your mate. What season was this in and how old was the hawk? Perhaps she could have already been taking care of another npc's eggs? That probrably wouldn't have broken a connection if you had already asked her to mate.
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
Coats
Baby Mouse

Post by Coats »

This was in late Winter and the hawk was about middle aged. She had no ties to another NPC's eggs. I'm just curious because I think it might have to do something with other animals. Do NPC's sometimes enter the nests and drive the other out? I know that the fireants did it to one of my mates before, but I saw no sign of the fireants in this nest. It has happened before and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of other reasons there are for a animal leaving the nest before eggs are born. Can multi-mating affect this?
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I have not had multi-mating do this before. I would say that multi-mating should have no affect on it, assuming the females are in different nests.
Artwork: Tumblr
Coats
Baby Mouse

Post by Coats »

Hm, then it can't be that. They were all in different nests. I normally don't have problems, but sometimes this randomly seems to occur. I was hoping to find out a way to ensure it doens't keep happening.
nikikay
Baby Mouse

Post by nikikay »

Sometimes that will happen to me. I think it might be of another animal entering the nest like a king snake, then when the hawk attacks the king snake the snake fights back, and leaves, causing the hawk to leave. It has happened to me before. Hope I helped. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage "Ill stop the whole world. Ill stop the whole world, from turn-in into a monster, and eating us alive!"
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Well.. actually...

If something attacks them before you succesfuly lead them to your nest after mating, They'll run.

And maybe you simply didn't see an npc come in? Also I have another question.

Was your nest 100% complete? Like, not just looks complete, but actually said 100% when you examined it?
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
FrostedLake
Bluebird Chick

Post by FrostedLake »

You could have lost your rank. Happened to me once. Mate layed on the ground.
Coats
Baby Mouse

Post by Coats »

Losing your rank causes them to leave? I never knew that.

My nests were all 100% made and nothing attacked them.
fifoas
Adult Bluebird

Post by fifoas »

it happened to me to when i was a condor male....i mated then i came in the place to mate i stayed with my mate, no npcs were coming...i was in hill hole, but my mate has escaped fron nothing. why?

and there said "only alphas can mate....FALSE...." but when i wanted to mate it said your rank is too low...WHAT THE -removed by Kenya- IS THT??? and i made my rank good but after tht my rank didnt chaged but mate still went out and then i got my babies outside...

and coats...I LUV the chick pic :3 its sooooo cute :3

mind if ill copy it?
Last edited by Kenya on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing un-family friendly words
Image Image Image Image Image<--- Please click...OR they will die soon...and if they will grow ill mate and maybe will share some eggs :3 (and someone said i need orange egg to trade sooo....please grow it up )^^
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Condors require your rank to be above the average. So say your rank is 5/8. You might have to make your rank 3/8 instead.
Can't remember if 4/8 is fine. xD
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

fifoas wrote:and there said "only alphas can mate....FALSE...." but when i wanted to mate it said your rank is too low...WHAT THE -removed by Kenya- IS THT??? and i made my rank good but after tht my rank didnt chaged but mate still went out and then i got my babies outside...
Do not swear and/or cuss on this forum.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
fifoas
Adult Bluebird

Post by fifoas »

sorry...*zips his mouth* :|
Image Image Image Image Image<--- Please click...OR they will die soon...and if they will grow ill mate and maybe will share some eggs :3 (and someone said i need orange egg to trade sooo....please grow it up )^^