how do i post pictures in the forum?

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

how do i post pictures in the forum?

Post by hoopyscoop »

i wanna post a picture but it says:

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

i do the "URL" button then click the "Img" one. I've done it backwards it says the same thing.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: how do i post pictures in the forum?

Post by animalguy888 »

h00pysc00p wrote:i wanna post a picture but it says:

i do the "URL" button then click the "Img" one. I've done it backwards it says the same thing.
thats for an avatar or signiture witch will be displayed with your post. Like my lake and crow photos I took with my camera that will appear when I post this. I made a hobbie out of wildlife photography. Here are some steps to getting an avatar,signiture and also just posting an image.

step 1: save a photo to my pictures on your computer.
step 2:upload it to photobucket.com Similer sites will work to such as diviant art but I myself use photobucket.
step 3:edit the photo.On photobucket you can resize the image I do tat and find the preset size labled small.
step 4:go to uer control panel,select edit profile settings,select edit avatar,and copy and past the url link into were its says to put it. A URL link is like this... http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 0551-1.jpg
Please note this is my personal photo I took so do not use it unless I say so.

signiture photo:
similer to an avatar here are the steps...

step 2:upload it to photobucket.com Similer sites will work to such as diviant art but I myself use photobucket.
step 3:edit the photo.On photobucket you can resize the image I do tat and find the preset size labled small.
step 4:go to uer control panel,select edit profile settings,select edit signiture and copy and past the img link. A IMG link should turn out like this...

just displaying it on a topic:
Pretty muuch the same as a signiture.

thats for an avatar or signiture witch will be displayed with your post. Like my lake and crow photos I took with my camera that will appear when I post this. I made a hobbie out of wildlife photography. Here are some steps to getting an avatar,signiture and also just posting an image.

step 4:go to uer control panel,select edit profile settings,select edit avatar,and copy and past the url link into were its says to put it. A URL link is like this... http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 0551-1.jpg

signiture photo:

step 4:go to uer control panel,select edit profile settings,select edit signiture and copy and past the img link. A IMG link should turn out like this...

step 3:copy and past the img link. A IMG link should turn out like this...

Note: my personal photo do not steal.

an IMG is basicly a URL example http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 0551-1.jpg just add an Imageto it and make it like this Image

I hope this is not to confusing for you and I also hope this helped.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

animalguy888 wrote:
h00pysc00p wrote:i wanna post a picture but it says:

signiture photo:

just displaying it on a topic:
Pretty muuch the same as a signiture.

signiture photo:

step 3:copy and past the img link. A IMG link should turn out like this...

Note: my personal photo do not steal.

an IMG is basicly a URL example http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 0551-1.jpg just add an Imageto it and make it like this Image

I hope this is not to confusing for you and I also hope this helped.
thanks for helping! :)
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

HOWEVER... You can use the forum's way. When posting a reply, below the Submit button, you will find two tabs: Options, and Upload attachment. Clicking Upload attachment, you will find two buttons: Choose File, and Add the file. Click Choose File, find the image you wish to share, then click Add the file. Do realize that you can only upload files with a maximum size of 1000 KiB using this way. The page should appear to refresh, but don't worry, anything you have typed out before uploading the image will remain, it will not be deleted. If you wish to upload more than one image, you can either do this one at a time, or, when you click "Choose File," you can hold down Ctrl and click on the files/images you wish to upload, then click Add the file. It should upload them all if they are the correct file type.

Now you should see POSTED ATTACHMENTS below the big white typing block, with the name of your file(s), a space to add a file comment, and two buttons: Place inline, and Delete file (which requires no explanation). If you were to submit your post as is, the files uploaded but nothing typed, it would not let you post it; you MUST have something typed out. If you have something typed, the image(s) you have uploaded will appear at the end of your post. If you click the button, "Place inline," you will be able to move the image throughout the post to wherever you want it, whether it's the beginning or the end. I uploaded an image I drew of a Tootsie Roll, named "TootsieRoll.png." If I wanted the image to appear below this paragraph, I would click "Place inline" and move the code that comes up to below this paragraph. Then, it will appear below-
TootsieRoll.png
TootsieRoll.png (9.38 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
Another image of a smiley face, named SMILE.png, was uploaded, but I did not click Place inline. It will appear at the bottom of my post, as ATTACHMENTS.

Some images may be too large, and won't fit in the default image box. If a user posts an image and it is to big, it will have a scroll bar. Simply click the image itself, and it will show you the entire image. For example, the following image is too large, and a scrollbar appears to allow you to see it. However, you can't see the complete image, so clicking the image allows you to see the complete image.
freshwater2.png
freshwater2.png (158.7 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
I believe this should be all for the forum way.

(Also note, these images are my own. Do not use without my permission.)
Attachments
SMILE.png
SMILE.png (261 Bytes) Viewed 4715 times
Artwork: Tumblr
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Quagga wrote:HOWEVER... You can use the forum's way. When posting a reply, below the Submit button, you will find two tabs: Options, and Upload attachment. Clicking Upload attachment, you will find two buttons: Choose File, and Add the file. Click Choose File, find the image you wish to share, then click Add the file. Do realize that you can only upload files with a maximum size of 1000 KiB using this way. The page should appear to refresh, but don't worry, anything you have typed out before uploading the image will remain, it will not be deleted. If you wish to upload more than one image, you can either do this one at a time, or, when you click "Choose File," you can hold down Ctrl and click on the files/images you wish to upload, then click Add the file. It should upload them all if they are the correct file type.

Now you should see POSTED ATTACHMENTS below the big white typing block, with the name of your file(s), a space to add a file comment, and two buttons: Place inline, and Delete file (which requires no explanation). If you were to submit your post as is, the files uploaded but nothing typed, it would not let you post it; you MUST have something typed out. If you have something typed, the image(s) you have uploaded will appear at the end of your post. If you click the button, "Place inline," you will be able to move the image throughout the post to wherever you want it, whether it's the beginning or the end. I uploaded an image I drew of a Tootsie Roll, named "TootsieRoll.png." If I wanted the image to appear below this paragraph, I would click "Place inline" and move the code that comes up to below this paragraph. Then, it will appear below-
TootsieRoll.png
Another image of a smiley face, named SMILE.png, was uploaded, but I did not click Place inline. It will appear at the bottom of my post, as ATTACHMENTS.

Some images may be too large, and won't fit in the default image box. If a user posts an image and it is to big, it will have a scroll bar. Simply click the image itself, and it will show you the entire image. For example, the following image is too large, and a scrollbar appears to allow you to see it. However, you can't see the complete image, so clicking the image allows you to see the complete image.
freshwater2.png
I believe this should be all for the forum way.

(Also note, these images are my own. Do not use without my permission.)
thanks, Quagga! i didn't know about that thanks for all of your help
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Since the question has been answered, I'll go ahead and lock.
If you have other questions feel free to contact me. ;3
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.