predators overhunting prey

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

MadLab
Bluebird Chick

predators overhunting prey

Post by MadLab »

We got a serious problem...

The predator are insane,they keep killing anything that they can reach and not even taking a bite!
Seriously hawks,bobcats,wolfs they are starving and kill everything that comes near and don't touch the carcass,then start randomly "scarvenging" again,while the prey... i havent seen dumber mices in my whole life,instead of storing food,riding themselves,making tunnels they just wander around like "everything is fine! life is wonderfull!" like theres no hungry bear chasing them around for a scrap that don't even worth 1% of their stomach bar
besides that WEO is a good and fun game!with some weired things.
:idea: gamename: MadLab id:84973 MAKE HIM THE BEST
(人-ω-)。o.゚。*・★βyё βyё★・*。゚o。(-ω-人)
(♡u‿u)⊹⊱【.:*゚..:。:.::.*OУаsυмi:..:*゚..:。:.::.*】⊰⊹
(●´ω`)。゚.o。коηβαηΗα。o.゚。(´ω`●)
ヾ(*´・∀)ノ*:..。o○∫μммёγ υдcдтioй○o。..:*ヾ(∀・`*)ノ
Reacher
Bluebird Chick

Re: predators overhunting prey

Post by Reacher »

I've actually noticed this at alarming rate.

While a couple years the problem was still around, it wasn't bad enough to be called a problem.
But lately, things are being killed so frequently that there's only one or two wolves around at once, same with bears, coyotes, etc..
When I used to play as a fox, there was usually about 9-12 of each gender. Now It's lucky if there's three.

Maybe this is something that was changed in the game.
MadLab
Bluebird Chick

Post by MadLab »

what i hate is coyote babies in word one,they keep spawning in the fox hole on the by the lake and the mices and rabbits... ugh its a primary font of prey,there shoud be at least 30-25 around not 2-5 a few weeks ago i was playing as a mice and every time i got out trying to eat me there was 4 hawks 2 coyotes 1 wolf 1 fox and a whole bunch of snakes,but well thats the price of being the last snack in the midle of fall
:idea: gamename: MadLab id:84973 MAKE HIM THE BEST
(人-ω-)。o.゚。*・★βyё βyё★・*。゚o。(-ω-人)
(♡u‿u)⊹⊱【.:*゚..:。:.::.*OУаsυмi:..:*゚..:。:.::.*】⊰⊹
(●´ω`)。゚.o。коηβαηΗα。o.゚。(´ω`●)
ヾ(*´・∀)ノ*:..。o○∫μммёγ υдcдтioй○o。..:*ヾ(∀・`*)ノ
Reacher
Bluebird Chick

Post by Reacher »

Possibly suggest they up the spawn rate of prey and down it of predators, or change the rate in which predators attack prey. There's always tons of carcasses around with the exception of Winter.
actualScarikas
Bluebird Chick

Post by actualScarikas »

i think the biggest reason that this issue is more prevalent than it used to be is the lack of players. Like it or not, the ecology in WEO has always needed players to function and fill slots on the food chain. Half of it is the server lag, making players much more slower and NPCs much faster, which means players can hardly survive esp. as prey animals. We used to have players making all kinds of babies every year, mostly prey animals since basic game only has 2 predators. Now that the servers are depending entirely on the automated spawning of NPC prey, the system is completely out of whack.

what WEO needs at the moment is more players, which means we need better servers, which means WEO needs to be better funded. It used to be funded fine, but nobody is buying Advanced Game anymore.
Mata - she/any
Previously known as Scarikas and Arma.
deviantArt
tumblr
YouTube
Join my WEO Discord!