Can't Play at All

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Wool
Bluebird Chick

Can't Play at All

Post by Wool »

I can't play at all. On any browser. I have all the latest browser updates, computer updates, and Java updates. It's obvious why I can't use Chrome, but Firefox nor Internet Explorer allow me to play.

To be more specific on why I cannot play- the game will play alright for a few seconds to a minute, then stop. In Internet Explorer it appears to freeze, and in Firefox turns blank white. When I X out from the frozen game on IE, there is a error report typed in a notepad document for Java on my desktop. It does not give me this when it blanks out in FF. I am not sure what the problem is. I theorized that when a player leaves or enters the world it messes me up, because every time I quickly click the play button again after freezing or blanking it seems either the guest number is higher or lower than when I entered Though idk how plausible that is.

I also tried the method of "kill your character and restart." This worked for about 5 minutes, then the freezing and blanking returned in both browsers. I have been trying to play for 2 days and I'm never in the game long enough to do anything.

I have a Windows 8 laptop, and as mentioned before everything is updated. Will I ever be able to play? :cry:
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Re: Can't Play at All

Post by webearthonline »

Try this:

Clear your Java cache in Windows:

Click Start > Control Panel.
Locate and double click the Java icon in the Control Panel.
Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
Click Delete Files.
Select all boxes and click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
weo