Having a few problems.

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Jackle
Bluebird Chick

Having a few problems.

Post by Jackle »

I've been playing WEO for a couple of years, I took a break from it a few months ago and recently started playing off and on again...

first thing i notice upon coming back and starting a new animal is that NPC fox parents are now overfilling the dens with straw, to the point that they can't reach the kits. it can be fixed by adding the straw to the nest, but they just keep adding more and more and if you leave the nest you can't access the square because the terrain is too full. Your siblings die off kind of fast at that point, and the only thing that fixes it is when the kits grow old enough to eat the corpses left by the dead kits... :?

if you manage to survive that, your parents are also apt to fill the den entrance with straw so nobody can leave it. this has happened twice, and each time i managed to age up trapped in the den with my parents, they'd turn and kill me and any surviving siblings i had.

i decided to just start out on my own and have kits. that worked out well enough, i grew up and got my fox pregnant but switched worlds after mating (a person i'd met and chatted with on another world had made a nest and left so I just claimed it :P ) gave birth to six kits, everything was fine.
after a while, though, all my kits became thirsty and i stopped producing milk. I made sure I was fed, drank, licked minerals, ate bones, nothing helped. i have enough sleep, and my comfort level was high, too, just in case. energy was moderate, but that doesn't seem to affect milk. i still didn't make milk. I produced it once when they were born and one other time shortly after, but then nothing. i dragged them out to water but only one would drink, the rest refused and inevitably died. :cry:
i finished raising the last surviving one, although it nearly died a few times; its health got really low, only for my fox to manage to produce some tiny amount of milk until the kit was old enough to eat.
i figured it was bad luck, although ive never had this happen before. i tried again, i went to a new world where it was winter, made a nest, got a mate. same thing happened. i made milk for a bit, produced small amounts 2 times after birth, then nothing. they all died except one, which managed to hold out until it could eat meat (somehow.)
i have a screenshot of my stats for the second litter but the thread refuses to show it. :cry:

this is incredibly inconvenient. i made sure i tested and was certain it wasn't a one-time thing before posting (i was a kit to 3 families, 2 of which were NPC families, and i gave birth to 2 litters). i was working on going for a new high score :(
ayyyyyyyyyy
Image Image Image Image Image
actualScarikas
Bluebird Chick

Re: Having a few problems.

Post by actualScarikas »

Usually the only way I am able to produce milk is to sleep with Energy and Fat full. usually that will cause my animal to produce milk.

Also are you sure you are not producing milk? sometimes it is so little and is drunk up so fast you don't notice it
Mata - she/any
Previously known as Scarikas and Arma.
deviantArt
tumblr
YouTube
Join my WEO Discord!
Jackle
Bluebird Chick

Re: Having a few problems.

Post by Jackle »

I didn't know energy had any influence on milk production. xwx in the past i could produce it with low energy, at least. and it looks like female NPC mates i take are doing the same thing and not making enough; before last year, i never lost kits to hunger or thirst except maybe once or twice, and when i started playing again it happened almost without fail.

i adapted, though, if you move the non-starving pups out of the nest you can feed the hungry ones whatever milk you manage to produce. still, it's tedious and i miss old milk production.
ayyyyyyyyyy
Image Image Image Image Image