I'm really going to ragequit!

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

TheWolfeh
Bluebird Chick

I'm really going to ragequit!

Post by TheWolfeh »

It all started like this...

I was bluebird in World 1 and after half hour of waiting I finally managed to mate. When my eggs flashed red and they were about to come on this world, nest suddenly disappeared. Just like that, POOF. It was 100% quality nest with 400% of branches, 200% of twigs and straw. When I laid eggs, only 2 survived, PLUS my game started to lag badly and when I returned bobcat killed me! I really want to ragequit this thing since I wasted lots of my time for nothing! :evil: If you can help with the nest thing, then please help, but I'm probably never going to be a bird again.
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Re: I'm really going to ragequit!

Post by MidnightRose »

If I remember correctly, when it storms in the game your nest can be blown out of the tree. It's happened to me before too.
I'm pretty sure there's a post on here somewhere that mentions it and that's what it says at least..

EDIT: Yeah, if the nest was in branches, the wind can blow it away. If it was in a hole, how old was the nest? I know they all disappear after awhile.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
TheWolfeh
Bluebird Chick

Post by TheWolfeh »

My nest was about a season or 2 old, but I maintained it often. It was inside the tree, I didn't go in the wrong tree.
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Post by MidnightRose »

From what I know, all nests disappear after a season or two. I know they would disappear in caves and such too even when they were maintained.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. A time limit sort of, I guess.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I would recommend holding a condor cave for your nest because they will never blow away in there. The only thing they can do is rot away, so as long as you keep maintaining it then the nest should stay intact. I've had the same exact thing happen to me once or twice and that's why I decided to go for condor caves instead (one time the nest blew out and my chicks were blown out too. I think one of them was running around and it took forever to find it until it called for me). I would recommend the top-most one just in case since the NPC condors never take that one.

Let's talk about the age of nests. I would say the time-frame between the ending of the season before your mating season and around the beginning of your mating season I would start to collect what you need for your nest, keep it in a pile for now, and then around just after the middle of your mating season I would start to put the nest together. If you know about the ages of your items, consider that the age of it will go up once every minute (I believe it is every minute). Straw I think goes away at age 90, so basically 90 minutes before it goes away. Things like Sticks last 120 minutes so that's 2 hours. I hope that's all understandable. I would save the ending part of the season when either you or your mate is pregnant I would start to store in some bugs and the like. If I remember it right, bugs and seeds are pretty good in that area. Seeds would be the best to store in first because they last for a very long time, bugs would be the second best but they just don't last too long.

For things other than birds that eat meat and are able to make "pancakes", I would start early on making a large pile of them because you can re-eat them and make them again! Why? To restart the age counter. They last an hour so you don't have to do it often. It's really good if you have to mate for the winter season and there's just not a good amount of food to hunt for or to store in. You can keep yourself alive during the winter and you can have a lot to offer for your offspring. Even better, if you are the female and create milk, you have a whole pile right there so you don't have to move anywhere! Just eat and sleep and rarely any will have trouble getting milk.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!