Uhhmm.. :I

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

redwing
Bluebird Chick

Uhhmm.. :I

Post by redwing »

My security settings has always allowed this game to run. One day, it just.. stopped.
My settings say 'untrusted site', normal.
But it also said this game was logging, or, stealing identity as my brudder called it.
What is going on? I have not downloaded anything un-trust-like, and I have no viruses.
ImageImageImageImage
Under-cover name: (You may not know it >:D)
1st name: Mousefeather
2nd: Blackfoot
Find me on WEO!
btw I like the logs. It's a good den for friends c:
Crimson
Bluebird Chick

Re: Uhhmm.. :I

Post by Crimson »

I'm getting the same problem; kind of. It's telling me WEO in an untrusted program. I at least need a way to change my security settings to let it through.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I am having the same problem. I have searched for a solution and it is apparently because the "developer has not met with the security guidelines implemented in Java 7 Update51."

I have attempted to look for a solution but I guess it might be outdated or something. Hopefully I'll come back with an answer soon!
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
redwing
Bluebird Chick

Post by redwing »

Thanks, hopefully you will, Alex! I wonder if someone has hacked into WEO's system or something like that, I heard of that happening before to a few other java controlled games, including minecraft servers.
ImageImageImageImage
Under-cover name: (You may not know it >:D)
1st name: Mousefeather
2nd: Blackfoot
Find me on WEO!
btw I like the logs. It's a good den for friends c:
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

Hey Guys,

This problem started with the latest version of Java. Java 7 Update 51.
The reason is that Oracle decided to increase the security requirements to run applets.

Here is a way to fix this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4&p=34776#p34776
I am still looking into this and other possible solutions.

And Here is the official explanation from Oracle:

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_blocked.xml

CAUSE

Starting with Java 7 Update 51, Java has enhanced security model to make user system less vulnerable to the external exploits. The new version of Java does not allow users to run the applications that are not signed (Unsigned), Self signed (not signed by trusted authority) and the applications that are missing permission attributes.

Risks involved in running each kind of applications:
Unsigned applications:
An application without a certificate (i.e. unsigned apps), or missing application Name and Publisher information are blocked by default. Running this kind of application is potentially unsafe and present higher level of risk.
Self signed application (Certificate not from trusted authority):
An application with self-signed certificate is blocked by default. Applications of this type present the highest level of risk because publisher is not identified and the application may be granted access to personal data on your computer.
Jar file missing Permission Attribute:
Permissions Attribute verifies that the application requests the permission level that developer specified. If this attribute is not present, it might be possible for an attacker to exploit a user by re-deploying an application that is signed with original certificate and running the application at a different privilege level.
weo
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

I think this issue is fixed on a more permanent basis.
The WEO Java app is now commercially signed and should pass the new security requirements started with that latest release of Java: Version 7U51
Everyone should be able to reset the security settings back to the original ones and the WEO Java app should work now.
Please let me know how things are going.
weo