Frozen Mate?

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

LesLoups
Bluebird Chick

Frozen Mate?

Post by LesLoups »

So my friend got the advanced game and she was playing as a coyote, and she wanted me to ask this since she doesn't have a forum account.
So she became the dominant / alpha female of her own pack and then mated with the NPC alpha male, but when she gave birth her mate froze and stayed in one spot the whole time so she had to take care of her pups on her own o_o. And then after they grew up he was unstuck and followed her when she rallied the pack again... o_o. Is there any way to fix this problem if it happens? And what caused it? I'm pretty sure NPC coyote fathers are supposed to help take care of the pups... or at least move around. I tried attacking him like five times and she even pack attacked him to see if he would move or fight back but we both kept missing and he didn't take any damage [though we might have just missed naturally, although I had full combat skills]
ᴛʜɪs ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ
ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴇ ᴏᴡɴsᴇʟғ ʙᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Frozen Mate?

Post by Alexander »

Never rally a pack while either your NPC mate or you are pregnant as a coyote or wolf. It really glitches out the mate you have and sadly makes them useless for some time. I'm assuming this may have been what happened. It's much worse when you have an NPC wolf or coyote that is pregnant and as soon as you rally your pack, your mate will glitch and stay in place generally out of den's reach and there's no choice but to save what pups you get. You are fine to rally a pack after you or your mate is no longer pregnant.
Sorry for the inconveniences. Let me know if you want to play with me sometime!

Oh and I'm sure the missing may have been natural, however whenever this does happen I always had a hard time hitting the NPC while it stood in place. I don't remember if I've ever been able to hit one during that situation but maybe I can run a few tests for fun.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
LesLoups
Bluebird Chick

Post by LesLoups »

Thanks for answering c:. That would make sense, she told me she did rally her pack, and it happened a second time.
Although, once, her mate lost his ranking and then started moving inside the den when he should have been on the nest area, and then he didn't help to take care of the pups either. Would that be because he lost his number 1 ranking to another male? It only happened yesterday, and she didn't rally her pack that time.
ᴛʜɪs ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ
ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴇ ᴏᴡɴsᴇʟғ ʙᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

That sounds really odd. To be honest it's never happened to me, but maybe there could be something about it glitching that way as well? Was he old, been hit at any moment after becoming mates, or anything of that nature? Sometimes I notice that a NPC is really focused on sitting there at the nest and once hit, they will continue to stay there and freak out after the pups are around. It usually happens to prey when they get hit and they never seem to come back and forget they have kids to tend to. The only other thing I can think of is one of their children dying. I know that NPCs go crazy after the death of one of their pups and they seem to have a chance to forget about them afterwards.

You're welcome!
LesLoups
Bluebird Chick

Post by LesLoups »

I'm not sure if he was old, honestly, a little over halfway so I guess middle-aged? She was inside the den, and it was before the pups were born, then she saw him moving around like any other NPC might, and then he left and moved to a random space outside, stopping there and didn't come back at all during the time she was taking care of the pups.
My guess is that it could be possible the new NPC alpha male had rallied the pack, is that even possible? I'm not sure. I think it's possible, as at a different time, I was with her once as a condor and the alpha male NPC coyote made the rallying sound and the pack surrounded him, completely ignoring her as she attempted to rally them back.
ᴛʜɪs ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ
ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴇ ᴏᴡɴsᴇʟғ ʙᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Actually yeah it is very possible that a NPC alpha can and will rally packs. As far as I'm aware, they don't really do anything about it. I think it's something around the lines of occasionally hearing birds and the wolves and coyotes, and it happens to be an alpha that howls and therefore rallies its pack. It's unfortunate your friend had that problem.
I know I have seen this before, however, where an alpha wolf male howled and all of its pack came to it willingly. I checked to make sure both alphas were NPC, in which the other alpha was of a different pack at the time anyway.

The other sad part is that you can't change the pack the other alpha NPC is in, but if anything maybe you can change the name of the mate's pack after it no longer had its alpha rank anymore. Hopefully it can be a well-suited get-around.
LesLoups
Bluebird Chick

Post by LesLoups »

Hm... then I'm guessing that's what happened to her mate. Anyways, thanks for the answers Alexander!
ᴛʜɪs ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ
ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴇ ᴏᴡɴsᴇʟғ ʙᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

You're welcome! I do my best. (: