Can babies die of parasites?

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Can babies die of parasites?

Post by hoopyscoop »

Well, I'm playing WEO right now, and one of my babies got parasites, and of course their little icon is red, I'm just wondering if parasites can kill young?
Last edited by hoopyscoop on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Can babies sdie of parasites?

Post by animalguy888 »

I'm not sure... If i w ere to base it off real life i would say yes. After all young animals may not have as strong of immune systems as adult ones. So getting ill or have in a nest loaded with parrisites might be dangerous. As for the weo game to tell the truth i'm not sure if this comes into play but it might.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Can babies sdie of parasites?

Post by Alexander »

My guess is that parasites in-game are another cause for your children to become sick. So I don't think it kills your child directly but it can lead to sickness.
I have yet to see a case of when parasites kills an animal, but maybe I can experiment a little and test it out.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: Can babies die of parasites?

Post by hoopyscoop »

Thanks for your help, I never really tested it because I was trying to get as high a score as possible.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I was able to get an unexpected experiment. I guess my coyote mate glitched a bit while I was off hunting with the pack and had trouble remembering to shake the nest. It seems like the pups get dirty much faster than those whom don't get parasites. If you don't clean them, they'll obviously get too dirty and thus sick from it. I think they get dirty twice as fast as normally. So yeah, keep your nest clean and if your pup gets parasites, just clean it a bit more often than the rest. (:
Another tip for those whom may not know, you can clean the nest sometimes before the parasites are even visibly apparent.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Alexander wrote:I was able to get an unexpected experiment. I guess my coyote mate glitched a bit while I was off hunting with the pack and had trouble remembering to shake the nest. It seems like the pups get dirty much faster than those whom don't get parasites. If you don't clean them, they'll obviously get too dirty and thus sick from it. I think they get dirty twice as fast as normally. So yeah, keep your nest clean and if your pup gets parasites, just clean it a bit more often than the rest. (:
Another tip for those whom may not know, you can clean the nest sometimes before the parasites are even visibly apparent.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. :)