Inability to get on WEO

This forum is where you come for help and support with the game and/or forum.

Moderator: Kenya

Byeyed
Bluebird Chick

Inability to get on WEO

Post by Byeyed »

Hi all!

Hopefully someone can help me- as the byline says, I am unable to play WEO :-(

I was on it yesterday with no problems then today, nada. The screen will pop up and say it is loading but it never does. I waited a full two hours and still nothing. Tried it on IE as well and zip there as well. Even cleared my history, cookies, and rebooted (twice) to make sure and still nothing.

Java is fully updated with no older versions clogging up the background and I can access everything else on the forums and my account.. just not the game itself. I took a screenshot to show what it looks like.

If a topic like this has already been addressed, please accept my apologies and thank you in advance for any help! :-)

EDIT:Also forgot to mention I'm running Windows 7 on HP laptop with FireFox version 18.0.01- pop ups are enabled and everything else is up to date.
Attachments
WEO.png
WEO.png (345.77 KiB) Viewed 6822 times
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Re: Inability to get on WEO

Post by SilentEcho »

nothign is working for me either
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

I am testing using the same thing, Windows 7 HP laptop with Firefox 18.01 with the latest Java and it is working.

There could be a firewall issue?
Perhaps a software firewall like Norton or McAfee on your computer that is blocking it?
weo
Byeyed
Bluebird Chick

Post by Byeyed »

]Hi WEO,

I have disabled all firewalls temporarily (running Norton and Xfinity Constant Guard) and still the same results. I uninstalled and reinstalled Java and no dice. However, when the World 1 pop up appears, it does show this grey screen where it says the java has security vulnerabilities. I can override it by clicking on the link where it says "click here to activate" and it will then go to the "loading applets page" but it stops there.

I do want to note that before it stopped playing for me, I was able to override the java vulnerability screen and continued on to play successfully at least 4 times prior to this. Logged off for a couple of hours after my last play (which was maybe Wednesday or Thursday??) then came back to this.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions? I'm eager to resolve this and get playing again :-)

(Sorry the file size is so huge! I have no clue how to compress pictures or even resize them!)
Attachments
java.png
java.png (276.58 KiB) Viewed 6797 times
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

Try clearing the browser cache.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how ... efox-cache

Another option is try Explorer or Chrome.
weo