Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Game related announcements.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

Kenya
Global Moderator

Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Kenya »

Hey guys,
Since unfortunately Alex has been removed from the team, we've decided that instead of choosing a specific member, we'll go through applications so we can verify our choice will be correct. In order to be able to qualify as a moderator, we ask that you are mature (age does not matter, though we can see your maturity level through your posts) and that you've been apart of the community for over 4 months. We are only selecting one new moderator at this time. We will be searching through your past posts as well as if you've been helpful/reporting topics, etc. to ensure the member chosen will be a good moderator. The reason we've decided on applications this time is so that we will have a list for future references in case any moderators may be needed.

The moderator expectations (by applying as a moderator, this means you agree to abide by the expectations):
  • •Act as a role model and make positive contributions to WEO
    •Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, or against the rules
    •Check the forums every now and then to moderate
    •Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner
    •Let WEO and other moderators know if you will be on a planned absence
    •Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly
    •Keep everything posted in the Moderator forum within the moderator forum, unless its alright to share with others
Some duties of being a mod (but not limited to):
  • Having access to the Moderator forum
  • Moderator powers
  • May be given information regarding new forum/game updates before the rest of the community
  • Mod title and rank
Please fill out this form and POST it here. If applying to be a moderator, it is not advisable to share an account with someone.

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Why would you be qualified to be a WEO moderator? Why would you like to be a WEO moderator?:[/b]
[b]How long have you been on the WEO forums and/or game?:[/b]
[b]Have you moderated any other forums? (If so, please list with a link):[/b]
[b]How many days a week do you visit WEO, and on average, for how long?:[/b]
[b]As a moderator of WEO, what will you do to help the community?:[/b]
[b]Which forums would you like to moderate on WEO, and why?:[/b]
[b]Are you willing to help members on the game as well as the forums?:[/b]
[b]Anything else we should know?:[/b]
Applications close on September 24th, so please post your application ON HERE before then.

We ask, to keep this topic clean, only questions and/or applications are to be posted here. Any further comments can be posted on the Off-Topic topic. We also ask that any members posting things such as "-insert name- should be a mod!", "-insert name- is going to be a mod", etc. be reported.

Thank you, and I hope to see a new modlet joining the crew very soon! ;)
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by NatureHeart »

Username: NatureHeart
Why would you be qualified to be a WEO moderator? Why would you like to be a WEO moderator?: Well, I love helping out and it really irritates me when people break the rules.
How long have you been on the WEO forums and/or game?: I've been on the game longer than the forums, but I've been on for almost a year.
Have you moderated any other forums? (If so, please list with a link): I have not. I wish I had experience, but sadly that's not the case.
How many days a week do you visit WEO, and on average, for how long?: I get on the forums only 3 days a week, but I check the forums quite frequently on those days for about 5 minutes each time, unless someone is on and is posting.
As a moderator of WEO, what will you do to help the community?: I will try to keep the forum child-friendly, spam-free, and safe!
Which forums would you like to moderate on WEO, and why?: Well, I would like to moderate Role-Play and Off-Topic, because I know those rules very well, and I know what is considered spam, and inappropriate very well. But, it is totally up to you! I really do not know what I would be best at!
Are you willing to help members on the game as well as the forums?: Yes! I do not get on the game much anymore, but I will check occasionally to make sure there is no cursing or inappropriate behavior going on!
Anything else we should know?: I can only get on 3 days a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Post by MidnightRose »

Username: MidnightRose
Why would you be qualified to be a WEO moderator? Why would you like to be a WEO moderator?:I'd like to be a WEO moderator because I love to help out, I check the forums everyday, and I try to check every new post there is on the forums.
How long have you been on the WEO forums and/or game?: I've been on the forums over a year now, but I've played the game since early 2009.
Have you moderated any other forums? (If so, please list with a link): Not really, I've owned a few websites (Which are now down), but thats all.
How many days a week do you visit WEO, and on average, for how long?: Everyday, unless I'm busy. I actually usually keep the WEO forums on all day on another tab, and I check in every now and then.
As a moderator of WEO, what will you do to help the community?: Everything I can. I would help all I can in-game, explain to people if they were breaking the rules in the best way possible, give people tips, and help out the new people get the hang of both the game and forums.
Which forums would you like to moderate on WEO, and why?: I'd prefer boards such as the Support, Off Topic and Game discussion. The reason for that is because thats where I usually look, and I usually check these forums more often than the rest, and because of that I'm more familiar with them.
Are you willing to help members on the game as well as the forums?: Yes, though I'm not as active in game as I use to be, I'd still help out people in-game and on the forums whenever they ask me a question, and I would do my best to explain the answer to them.
Anything else we should know?: I don't believe there is anything else to say.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Username: Jezibel
Why would you be qualified to be a WEO moderator? Why would you like to be a WEO moderator?: Well first, I love to help out, and it kills me when people break the rules.
How long have you been on the WEO forums and/or game?: I've been on since December of 2011, so I would say eight and a half months.
Have you moderated any other forums? (If so, please list with a link): I did on a little site of Midnightrose's, but I soon resigned. I cannot post the link for you because the forum has been deleted.
How many days a week do you visit WEO, and on average, for how long?: I will normally visit the forums everyday, but since my grades are a little under my comfort zone, I won't be on much until my grades improve (which might be a couple of weeks). I might sneak on my iPad or the computer every so often.
As a moderator of WEO, what will you do to help the community?: I'd be as active as possible, and help anyone that needs help, or has a question to ask. Also, if there is a new user, I'd treat them like my best friend, and make them feel welcomed.
I'd also like to keep the forums child friendly for new users to come.
Which forums would you like to moderate on WEO, and why?: I'd like to moderate the Support and/or Off-Topic boards, but any board is fine. Why, you ask? I know what things are inappropriate, and which things are appropriate. I also know the rules very well.
Are you willing to help members on the game as well as the forums?: Yes, but I tend to stick to the forums. I don't go on the game much anymore.
Anything else we should know?: If I'm not picked, I don't mind one bit! My chance will come sooner, if not later.
Last edited by Jezibel on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Username:animalguy888
Why would you be qualified to be a WEO moderator? Why would you like to be a WEO moderator?:It would be nice to be able to help out around the fourms in more ways.
How long have you been on the WEO forums and/or game?:I joined in April 2011. Since it is now September 2012 I think thats almost a year in half. Or at least a year.
Have you moderated any other forums? (If so, please list with a link):No I have never been a mod before.
How many days a week do you visit WEO, and on average, for how long?:I have not been in-game for a while. But I am on the fourms almost everyday. The only days I have not visited the fourms. Are the days when im gone. Like when im gone,have company over most of the day, or when I'm on vacation
As a moderator of WEO, what will you do to help the community?:. ?:I will try to help in anyway I can. So maybe help keep this place family friendly. I have a little brother who is 11 and for example I would hate to have some stranger burst into my house and teach my little brother how to murder. I do not think something like that will happen but I would like to keep my house family friendly and I will try to do the same with the fourms.
Which forums would you like to moderate on WEO, and why?:I do not really mind which fourms a moderate. I do not like to be picky.
Are you willing to help members on the game as well as the forums?:Yes. I would treat new players they way I want to be treated as a new player. With respect and maybe a few tips and pointers and someone showing me the ropes.
Anything else we should know?:No I do not think so.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Might as well give it a try...

Username: Scarikas
Why would you be qualified to be a WEO moderator? Why would you like to be a WEO moderator?: I do try to be active often, and I try my best effort to be responsible. Though I probably won't be able to handle patroling every single topic much like Kenya does, it would be great to help her out, I have known her for two years after all. WEO has gotten pretty inactive since I joined last last last summer, so it would be nice to try and give it a good start like Seattle and the other old moderator did.
How long have you been on the WEO forums and/or game?: Two years on the forums
Have you moderated any other forums? (If so, please list with a link): Nope!
How many days a week do you visit WEO, and on average, for how long?: Since I became sheriff I've been coming on once a day to check the city hall, but If I need to check it frequently I have the ability to.
As a moderator of WEO, what will you do to help the community?: I'm not sure what I could do exactly, I have bad memory and a slow computer. Anything that can be done will be done as far as my effort goes.
Which forums would you like to moderate on WEO, and why?: Roleplay or Game Discussion, I enjoy reading through that kind of stuff and I would definitely enjoy it enough to come on at least several times a day.
Are you willing to help members on the game as well as the forums?: Definitely, I frequently play the WEO game and commonly do whatever I can to give advice in the Support forum. I am sure that if I can help WEO in any way after all of the time I have stood here useless, I will do whatever is within my power to be a good mod if I do become one (Most likely not though.)
Anything else we should know?: I am the "Goddess of the computer" once every 3 days, meaning I'm allowed on regardless if it's taken up or not. It's 9-14-12 right now. We have a laptop which I can commonly use to get on and moderate and I can stay up overnight if needed. I would be late to school, but if it's for WEO then sure.
I'm also a WEO professional, I've heard all of the rumors and know all of the tricks :D I'd love to support everyone in every way that I can.
I also live in Pacific Standard/Canada time.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Glad to see a few people trying out. ^^

Last call for mod applications! Tomorrow (September 24th) is the last day to post you application, so if you're still thinking about it you may as well give it a go!

Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Please excuse the double post.

We are now officially closed for moderator applications. Thank you everyone who has participated! WEO and I will be discussing the new moderator, and as soon as we come to a decision I'll post a topic in the Announcements board regarding it. Thanks!