Trolling

Game related announcements.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Trolling

Post by Alexander »

Well.. I guess that's kind of their fault if they tell you to stop attacking you (and you did) when they are still attacking you. That's like (this isn't meant to make any sense) France telling Germany to stop bombing them, while they bomb Germany back after Germany has stopped attacking them altogether. If you were Germany at that moment, what would you do? Fight them back. d: There is no "I am defeated" in WEO, so you can't necessarily "retreat" unless you leave the world.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

You should be able to determine what is trolling and what isn't. If the player is attacking you and doesn't plan on stopping, by all means go ahead. But if they asked you to stop and they have stopped trying to attack/kill you, you should be able to know that if you did continue, it would be classified as trolling/harassment.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

I also have a question. Woohoo.
Ok, so if I kill someone once (of course I'm talking strictly talking about worlds other than 1, I'm nice on w1.) And I find them after they came back eventually as an infant, and kill them a second time, it counts as trolling? Even if I just randomly find them, and not, of course, track them down? just a question, don't take this as an argument please :lol:
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Mods, your logic makes sense, however, based on how detailed a report needs to be and such, I think we really need an easier way to report. To take a screenshot requires 1- press button, 2- open a program, 3- paste. Then, if that program causes lag in the game, you'll have to crop and save otherwise your ability to even talk is compromised.

The thing is, to report a more complex case of trolling, where both parties feel they either had the right to attack each other, OR a when one person is trying to lie their way out of their accusation, one will need screenshots of possibly the entire conversation and most of the attacks. This requires screenshots to be taken consecutively, and up to every 1-3 seconds, and, with the current system, it is an impossible feat unless a program that allows constant autosaving screenshots is downloaded by the player.

If we don't have this, I can imagine a forum debate that looks something like this:

Player 1: "Player 2 attacked and killed me three times. Here is the proof: -insert three death images here-

Player 2: "Player 1 kept attacking me though. I have proof of that too: -insert an attack screenshot here-

Player 1: "I only attacked you once to fight back when you were killing me"

Player 2: "No, you kept coming back and attacking me, and that's the only reason why I attacked you"

In this hypothetical case, player 2 most likely has not screenshotted every single attack. So because there is conflict of fact, both of the players situations could have happened. Player 1 could have continued, and, knowing that Player 2 has no proof, continued to do so without fear of a ban. However, of course, it is also possible that Player 1 is telling the truth. In this case, player 2 can continue to kill by simply exclaiming that Player 1 kept provoking him.

Either way, either the criminal goes unpunished, or the innocent shares the punishment.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

But is either one really innocent? It sounds like they're being unreasonable when it can all be easily avoided.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Swifty wrote:I also have a question. Woohoo.
Ok, so if I kill someone once (of course I'm talking strictly talking about worlds other than 1, I'm nice on w1.) And I find them after they came back eventually as an infant, and kill them a second time, it counts as trolling? Even if I just randomly find them, and not, of course, track them down? just a question, don't take this as an argument please :lol:
Depends on how the person takes it. If they asked you to not kill them or were obviously trying to hide then I'd say it was trolling. But since you gave no explanation for why you killed them as a baby even when you killed them as an adult, I'd say that it is trolling but not as severe but still punishable.

Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Alexander wrote:But is either one really innocent? It sounds like they're being unreasonable when it can all be easily avoided.
That's one way to say it, but another is that they simply had different playing styles. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure elaborating would be a violation of forum rules due to controversy.

Oh also, what do you do if someone whom you do not trust keeps coming into a den you want them out of?
In world 1, the answer is call a mod [which is extremely unreliable already, since a mod isn't 100% on all the time], and before, the answer on the others was to just kill the intruder. What now?
[I'm helping a friend get a highscore and can't afford her or her offspring dying because of a certain intruder. =.=]
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Kazz wrote: Oh also, what do you do if someone whom you do not trust keeps coming into a den you want them out of?
In world 1, the answer is call a mod [which is extremely unreliable already, since a mod isn't 100% on all the time], and before, the answer on the others was to just kill the intruder. What now?
[I'm helping a friend get a highscore and can't afford her or her offspring dying because of a certain intruder. =.=]
In World 1, there is no answer. This has not been "fixed", I guess you can say, since the beginning of the game to my understanding. Of course if it were in any other world you can tell them to leave (you can do this in World 1) and then kill them if they don't listen to you.
I've never in any situation have seen a Moderator take care of someone intruding another's den.
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

oh yeah, that's what I've done. I've had to kill him once, and the other 4 times, pick him up and put him on the other side of the map because he keeps coming back. =.=;

Can you please make this an exception to the repeated killing rule that is now in place.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

If they're being a troll just take screenshots of what they're doing/saying and report them. If you can, I recommend just leaving the game for a bit until they find something better to do. If you would rather not leave, killing them if they're annoying/trolling you is alright, as long as it doesn't become a whole "let's continue to kill them even though they're no longer bothering me" situation.

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Kenya wrote:If they're being a troll just take screenshots of what they're doing/saying and report them. If you can, I recommend just leaving the game for a bit until they find something better to do. If you would rather not leave, killing them if they're annoying/trolling you is alright, as long as it doesn't become a whole "let's continue to kill them even though they're no longer bothering me" situation.

Does that apply to World 1?
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

That applies to worlds 2, 3 and 4. If you kill anyone, no matter the reason, in World 1 and they report you, you will be banned. If it happens in World 1, just report them for it and leave them be. Or, if a moderators online (or even a friend) just get them to go in with you and all of you can discuss it with the person who is bothering you.

Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Kenya wrote:If they're being a troll just take screenshots of what they're doing/saying and report them. If you can, I recommend just leaving the game for a bit until they find something better to do. If you would rather not leave, killing them if they're annoying/trolling you is alright, as long as it doesn't become a whole "let's continue to kill them even though they're no longer bothering me" situation.
Oh, that's good. Leaving the game in the middle of a highscore marathon is a drag when you've got the nest built and stuff. Anyway, now me and Devii can continue our little mission. >:D
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

I just remembered..
I FORGOT TO GO SCARE THIS YEAR!
ohhhh man am I in trouble.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Go scare? Tell me more. =P