Official Story Writing Contest (Winners Announced!)

Game related announcements.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Official Story Writing Contest (Winners Announced!)

Post by Foxesrule »

Hello!
I and Kenya are holding a Story Writing contest, with slight hopes to boost activity, but also for fun as we haven't had any news on the website for a while!
However, it has to be WEO themed!
Maybe it'll be about an experience of WEO, or just with the WEO animals and the locations?
It's up to you, as long as it's WEO themed! :wink:

Before anything else, there are some rules.
Keep it WEO themed, or yours will be disqualified, and it'd be a shame for you to spend all that time for nothing.

Do not-I repeat, do not- copy someone else's work. This includes 'stealing' their plot and copying and pasting their work. If you are found to do this you may get a temporary ban from the forums. Remember, it is PLAGIARISM and it's illegal. Don't do it.

There is a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 500 words.

One entry per person-Do NOT make multiple accounts.

Your entry must be submitted before the deadline.
The prizes!

First place- 2 free weeks of advanced game.
Second place- 1 free week of advanced game.
Third place- Honorable mention on the news page/headline.

This ends on the 26th of October. That's 3 weeks!
Good luck! :mrgreen:
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Official Story Writing Contest

Post by animalguy888 »

Cool!
I'm going to enter and win.... I think.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Aw man... xP Time is not on my side right now. If I'm gonna win this, I will have to write day and night. I have 2 other stories going on right now. 1 for homework and 1 for practice, now I have one for competition! >:D

I am so glad a plot came to me when it did, or I would have been doomed! Need to work on the rising action, climax, and deneumont! xP Otherwise, I'm good to go!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick
Location: In The Woods, Prowling With The Wolves - Hunting...

Post by DarkWolf »

YES! finally a writing contest i can take part in! i'm totally in! i love writing and my English teacher always bugs me about stuff :/ right now we are doing horror stories but i can only really do them if they have some kind of beast/ animal in as i can only really describe them.... *ahem* a funny little fact here: i almost made my old English teacher faint from my short horror description.... i guess it could be a "you should have been there" story xD Anyway, do the stories have to be a full story, a kind of diary themed or a short story? :lol:
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

DarkWolf wrote:YES! finally a writing contest i can take part in! i'm totally in! i love writing and my English teacher always bugs me about stuff :/ right now we are doing horror stories but i can only really do them if they have some kind of beast/ animal in as i can only really describe them.... *ahem* a funny little fact here: i almost made my old English teacher faint from my short horror description.... i guess it could be a "you should have been there" story xD Anyway, do the stories have to be a full story, a kind of diary themed or a short story? :lol:
Anything you like, aslong as its over 300 and under 500 words and weo themed. c:
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

Great! I'm gonna start it right here! Er... After I've done my religious education and science homework... Then I'm totally gonna start! I've got an AWESOME idea! The start is kind of a real life theme (a person playing the game or something) *ahem* so no stealing that idea! XD :D
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Before I begin, where do we put our story? Do we post it here, or do we PM..?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

I was just gonna post here... And NUUU! I'm on a real good build up and I've only got 499 words left! Gah! Not fair xD now I might have to edit the WHOLE thing to make it for :(
NO! I went over :( damn must write again! I don't want to miss out all the details, but then I know I have to have over 300 words but less than 500
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Meep! So sorry, but 500 words is WAY to short for me. ): I'll have to withdraw from the competition...
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

500 words maximum? ): I have to agree with NatureHeart. I've been writing my own story and it's overall 50,000 words, about 6-12k each chapter.
I probably won't be able to "win" the competition (I think Kenya will understand why) but a bit more of a boost on the word maximum or just saying "please don't make this like a 10-page essay" will be good enough for me and probably others. I would also address, if you do comply, that sizes of the stories shouldn't matter so no one will have to worry about making a long story. Some people just naturally like to write long stories, others not.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I understand entirely but it needs to be short for the sake of judging. ^–^'
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

Ydnsh xD yea I understand, I am in fact one of those people who can start off with a few descriptive words and soon end up with half a page of describing a room in about 5 mins... Have you heard of the story "beowulf"? We had to write the main events of the story with our our own details blah. Anyway, when I finished mine was around 5 pages long because of the time limit, there was not a letter or page limit... So the poor teacher spent half an hour marking mine xD A+ Yipee xD I thought I was the only one struggling!? So glad I'm not alone xD I could manage with keeping the story to one page perhaps which I think is around maybe 600 words? Or 700 not too sure xD
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Aww man I missed it! But I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about remembering to stick to the "official weo rules" as well as the contest ones.
ImageImageImageImage
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Contest deadline is being extended. ^^
We won't dock any points for going over 500 words, but please don't add too much. The purpose is to have a short story that incorporates something WEO related. If you're having troubles making a short(er) story, try focusing on only one aspect. For example, only focus on a day in the life of a wolf pup in the den. Something that you can still add detail to, but will be short enough to not go excessively over the word limit.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

omg yay an extension! i was having some REAL trouble because i thought it had to be a short story but you just gave me a completly new vision to the contest! giving it another go after i gave up xD