Web Earth the book has arrived!

Discussions about the book Web Earth.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

webearthonline
Global Moderator

Web Earth the book has arrived!

Post by webearthonline »

As creator of Web Earth Online I hope you enjoyed your experiences on Web Earth Online.
Thank you for your interest and support.

I wanted to let you know that I have released a book that reveals the rest of the world that was part of the conceptual design of Web Earth Online from the very beginning over 20 years ago. In the book, nature, mankind and magic come together in an epic struggle. The valley that you have played in is at the center of the story. The Lost Valley, hidden deep within the Alps becomes exposed to the outside world after a violent earthquake. Unaware of any possible dangers, the Ligurians are the first to discover the valley. In this ancient world the forces of nature are ever present. The energies of the web of life bubble just beneath the surface of awareness. A new struggle begins, and nature reaches out to the world of men to form an alliance against a common foe.

The Web Earth book project has been in the works for some time and I am excited that it is finally released.
Changes due to Covid allowed for the writing to be completed.
The book is now available on Amazon in printed or Kindle ebook format.

The book represents what would have been Web Earth AG (Advanced Game). Web Earth BG (Basic Game) would have continued as the game you currently see, but with improved game graphics and new worlds to play in.

I would encourage WEO members to check out the book. And if you like it on Amazon please leave a review, this might help WEO move to a new version. There is enough material for a Web Earth trilogy, so some support would help spur on completion of the next two books.

To view the ebook on Amazon, click on the link below:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FTGH4DB

To view the printed book on Amazon, click the link below:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FSCFKSG

Founder of WEO,
Alan Godsy
weo
Lulaby13
Bluebird Chick

Re: Web Earth the book has arrived!

Post by Lulaby13 »

What are the odds- I was just talking to a friend about this game and how much I enjoyed playing it when I was younger literally yesterday! I am excited to hear about the prospect of some sort of revival, and also excited for this book to ship! :D
Kenya
Global Moderator

Re: Web Earth the book has arrived!

Post by Kenya »

This is super cool WEO! Congrats on publishing your book, I look forward to reading it!
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Re: Web Earth the book has arrived! - some reader comments

Post by webearthonline »

Here are a couple of comments from early readers of the book.

“A thoughtful and well written book which addresses contemporary issues affecting us all in an entertaining format. Twists and turns in a fictional narrative of life in a world which comes to life with accounts of supernatural powers, monsters, tragedy, and magic. It will keep you turning pages for the next adventure! Recommended for all who enjoy diversion from the grind of daily life with well thought out messages to stimulate all of us to think. Memorable characters that will stay with and talk to you long after finishing the book. Highly recommended.”

“Parts of the story took my breath away.”

"Web Earth is an engaging story with a myriad of characters that don't fall into the typical fantasy tropes. After reading this book, I am looking forward to exploring more about the characters and the world they live in. Although not personified, the animals of the story are as much characters as the primary protagonists. I found myself feeling genuine care and emotion when reading the chapters that shifted focus to these animals, which would typically be an author's afterthought. This care for the typical and often overlooked elements of nature reflect the author's deep care for the environment and all those that live in it."

“Web Earth brings something unique to the world of fantasy. “

“I never read anything like the chapter about the blue bird before. I really enjoyed it.”

"I liked the mysteries encountered and the character's efforts to unravel them."

"I know he has more books planned, to tell the whole story of his gaming world. I hope others find his work as inspiring as I have."
weo
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Listen to the new audiobook free on youtube.

Post by webearthonline »

Listen now to the Web Earth audiobook free on youtube.
This offer is good for a limited time.

This audiobook features Paul Casselle as the narrator.

Youtube link for the new audiobook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXzHmI ... 8m7AukP1i
weo