A Fox Guide

This is where all guides for WEO can be found. All similar guides will be merged with one another.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

A Fox Guide

Post by Windskipper »

Well, foxes are one of my favorite animals to play as in basic. If you're new to this animal, this is the place to get started!

CHAPTERS:
Newborn
Survival
Mating
Kits

NEWBORN

So you decided to be a fox. There are four ways to start, two of them being alike. One, is starting out the normal way. This will let you grow faster, but you will have no siblings to challenge/fight, no parents to take care of you, and no nest. I do NOT reccomend this, but it is suggested for a quicker start. Second, is NPC childhood. You do this by going to 'My Account' and clicking 'Edit Player Game Options' and checking 'Always start playing as an infant animal (a limited number available and only during certain seasons) when starting a new animal.', then play. You will grow slower and have to fight for food, but you will have parents and siblings to train your combat skills on. This is simalar to player childhood, which is when you have a childhood with real players. Third, is runaway childhood. You start off with a childhood but run away. I strongly reccomend NOT to do this, since it has the worst of the worst cons. Growing slow, no siblings, no parents, and others like predators.

SURVIVAL

You've grown up and can care for yourself now. However, don't be careless since you're a grown-up. There are lots of animals around you, some are your prey while others are your predators.
Blue Bird Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
Cardinal Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
Mouse Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
Rabbit Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
Gecko Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
Rattle Snake Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
King Snake Will run away if you attack. (May attack)
Hawk Will run away if you attack. (May attack)
Condor Will run away if you attack. (Prey)
Red Fox Will fight back, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Defensive)
Bobcat Will fight you without provoking, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Aggresive)
Coyote Will fight you without provoking, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Aggresive)
Elk Will fight back, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Defensive)
Buffalo Will fight back, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Defensive)
Mountain Goat Will run away if you attack. (May attack)
Bear Will fight back, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Defensive)
Grey Wolf Will fight back, but will run away if you keep on trying to hit it. (Defensive)

Now, you need food or you'll starve. Foxes are omnivores, and I guess they made the foxes in the game omnivores too, so you can eat A LOT of things.
Foxes can eat:
Seeds
Red berries
Blue berries
Fruit
Bones
Fresh meat
Rotting meat
Cicadas
Long grass
Food
Bees (You will have to pick them up and drop them to eat them)
Worms (You will have to pick them up and drop them to eat them)
Ants (You will have to pick them up and drop them to eat them)
Beetles (You will have to pick them up and drop them to eat them)
Grubs (You will have to pick them up then drop them to eat them)

Foxes cannot eat:
Mud
Gravel
Lichen
Short grass
Yellow flower
Purple flower
Red flower
Leaves
Thorns
Straw
Twigs
Sticks
Feathers
Live animals
Fur
Moss
Mushurooms

MATING

Foxes mate in Winter, and I suppose you know that by now. The first thing is to find your mate. For males, it's reccomended to get your ranking up to 1/???. Clean and socialize yourself and mate! Remeber to lead them to a nest! As for females, you don't need ranking. Just clean, socialize, and mate! You still need to lead them, though. Of course, everyone needs a nest before mating, too. Nests are made up of straw and leaves. You can get leaves inFalland straw mostly anywhere. You'll need about 12 clumps of straw and 2 leaves to complete a nest. I reccomend building the nest up to 200% to make it last longer.

KITS

Kits are troubling things. And I mean it. They take a long time to wean, and at least a season to grow. I hope you stored up food, cause they'll eat LOTS of food. Don't worry, once they're old you'll be happy, cause you get lots of points too, for raising them. There isn't much to kitting, just store up food, get a nice nest, and that's about it.

You might wonder what happens at different ages, which can be seen from the 'AGE' circle by your foxes picture. Well, you're sure that when you're a kit, you're small and weak. You only have a bit of health and you can't clean yourself nor eat meat. But once you're a tiny bit older, you can eat meat, but nothing much changes other than that. Well, once you've grown up, you can clean yourself and do mostly all the things foxes can do. Then, after that, you'll have more and more health, but once you're old, your health starts to lower, your speed gets slower, and soon, you'll get sick and almost completly uncapable of survival. So I usually start over once I'm old. Click 'My Account', 'Edit Player Game Options', and check 'Request that your current animal be destroyed. (Your animal is now alive) '.

TIPS and NOTES

This is where I put my sincere advice to those who have problems or are new to foxes.

TIPS

TIP #1: Don't go near coyotes and bobcats unless you need something on or near their square. If so, then keep on attacking until they run away. Remember, you risk getting killed yourself.
TIP #2: Pick NPC childhood and challenge your siblings and parents until you're the top one. Kill all others if you can or pick them up and take them somewhere outside the den to die. Siblings will challenge you too, and you may get killed while going outside. Drink water outside when you're thirsty and preserve energy when you don't have enough of it.
TIP #3: Use already built nests and improve them to preserve time. Store up food, minerals and bones for your kits. You can manage this if you started with NPC childhood.

NOTES

NOTE #1: Foxes can't grab full grown foxes or anything that won't run away from it the moment you srtike or try to grab it. If you are unsure, try grabbing it. It will say 'This is too big to grab' if you cannot grab it. Run away if so, just in case it attacks!
NOTE #2: Foxes can regurgirate food, so if you can't find anything for your kits or you want to give food to another animal, you can regurgirate your food.

Everyone is welcome to add and/or ask questions and/or give advice!
Last edited by Windskipper on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
My Status:
NAME: Windskipper
Female Fox
50837 Points
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: A Fox Guide

Post by Alexander »

To improve on what foxes can and can't eat, they can actually eat bugs, they just have to pick them up and drop them in order to eat it. I'd specify that.. somewhere. d:
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

Post by Windskipper »

Thanks, I didn't try it before, I'll add it now, then!
My Status:
Female Fox
50837 Points
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

You're welcome. d: It took me a while to figure it out! Haha.
Lovely guide.
Colors.. Colors everywhere!
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

A goat named deneb follows me around and constantly kills me any advice for that?
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

Post by Windskipper »

Well, check if it's an real player. If so, then report them, even if you're not in World 1, since this counts as trolling. If it's an NPC, then....I guess you hit it or a bug happened. Sorry if this was late, I'm not on that often.
My Status:
Female Fox
50837 Points
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Thats ok but deneb is an ncp stalker :(. ;D
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

Post by Windskipper »

You can always post in the 'Support' topic, if this isn't helpful. You may have attacked their herd, or, like I said above, a bug occured. I hope you found this helpful!
My Status:
Female Fox
50837 Points