Coat's Grey Wolf Guide

This is where all guides for WEO can be found. All similar guides will be merged with one another.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

Coats
Baby Mouse

Coat's Grey Wolf Guide

Post by Coats »

Since I am ranked #1 on the Grey Wolf high score, I have decided to make a guide. Yes, I have been quite inactive on these forums for awhile, but that is because I have been creating this.

© Copyright to all information portrayed in this guide.

Puphood
When you first become a wolf, you start as a young pup. This can be a difficult stage of your life, but it is worth it if you make it past.

Loner Life- Puphood
Life as a loner can be very difficult, especially as a pup. If you choose the life of a loner, you will mature faster, but you will also have to survive on your own.

Pros -
• Faster route to adolescence
• No competition for food from litter mates.
• Skip the milk stage all-together.

Cons -
• No providers. (No parents)
• Combat skill when you reach adult hood is usually low, due to the fact you cannot challenge litter mates for rank.

Tips for Loner Life-
1. Take shelter when possible, predators are always looking for a easy meal, maybe a lone wolf pup?
2. You will start on the meat eating portion, skipping the milk stage. If you can find a elk carcass, maybe near a wolf den or bear den, load up. Tear piece by piece or stuff yourself and regurgitate in the den, storing as much of the carcass as you can. This is great for planning, in case you need food later on.
3. Rival packs will attack, be alert about this. If you pass a fellow wolf on a square, they could cause a great deal of damage.
4. If possible, join a pack or create one, for protection.

Family Life- Puphood
Family life is the best way for a wolf, as they are a pack species. Pups are the pride and joy of the pack, and so, they live a pampered life. Even so, disease, competition, and food supplies are the main factors which will decide your fate inside the pack.

Pros-
• You have providers, your parents.
• Can earn combat and rank from your litter mates.
• Able to observe parents on ways of the wolf. (Very useful for first-time wolves)
• Start with a pack.
• Protection from the pack.

Cons-
• Competition from litter mates. You must get past the milk stage, which is the main threat for starvation.
• Very long wait for adolescence. (3 seasons)

Tips for Family Life-
1. Your mother will usually have some milk when she comes back from leaving the den. That little bit will have to go around for you and your litter mates. Be quick.
2. Challenging for combat takes energy, which burns food that you have eaten. This makes you hungry almost all the time, and milk is scarce, so be careful. Sleeping also drains your stomach, but gains energy.
3. When Summer reaches, you begin to eat meat, which is a great relief for those starving pups, possibly you as well. If things are that bad, take a risk and go outside to eat from a full carcass.
4. Combat skills may take much energy and food, but that is what will determine your fate when you reach adolescence. Usually, I would wait until summer, when you eat meat, to start gaining combat skill. This ensures food at all times, from outside possibly.

Adolescence
Congratulations, you have survived long enough to grow into a young wolf. This is a great accomplishment, but beware, life still holds many obstacles.

Adolescence- Female Life
The life of a female is much harder, but only when it comes to having pups. Otherwise, survival is about equal in genders.

Rank-
• There is only one alpha female in the whole world. If another real player has it in World 1, you cannot steal ranks, it is against World 1 rules.
• Challenging is the way to get another wolf’s rank. To challenge, click the ram head that is purple, the red one is to attack.

Pack Structure-
• If you have rank 1 of all females, you can mate with the alpha male in late winter.
• You are also able to kick other wolves from the pack, but they must be ranked below you.
• Another privilege is that you can add members to your pack, but they have to be loners.

Mating-
• In late winter, the alpha female may mate with the alpha male.
• Your mate will follow you to the den after you mate.

Preparing the den-
• Materials Needed:
- Straw (12-13 Pieces)
- Leaves (2 Pieces)
Tips-
1. Don’t actually build the nest until you have mated or are close to giving birth. This will slow the materials expiration.
2. Parasites are a major problem; always shake the nest to rid it of them.
3. Keep extra denning materials in the den, in case the nest begins to wear away.

Pups-
Being a mother to your pups is extremely stressful. The milk stage will really test your will to keep them alive, as you struggle to feed them all and yourself.
• A litter can range in size from 3 to 5 pups. The more pups, the harder it is to keep them all fed with milk.
• If you need to produce milk, sleep and eat a lot. First, eat as much as you can, then sleep a lot. You should see the milk icon appear, below your age circle. Click on it to see how much you have.
• Some pups are slower than others, therefore, do not get much milk. There box will turn red when they begin to starve. Grab said pup and bring it to another square of the den. Sleep until you have milk and your starving pup can drink without having to fight with its siblings.
• You will have to care for the pups for three seasons, spring, summer, and fall. They are born in spring, start eating meat in summer, and grow up in fall.
• When your pups begin to eat meat, they will devour everything in the den. They will also be able to eat bones now, so the ones that need calcium can have it. Little chunks of meat you pull off of carcasses will not keep your pups fed. Regurgitating up lots of food will keep your pups full and content.
• Collecting bones is always good idea, in case they need calcium.

Adolescence- Male Life
The life of a male is much easier when it comes to pups and such, but like with females, otherwise, survival is equal among the genders.
Rank-
• There is only one alpha male in the whole world. If another real player has it in World 1, you cannot steal ranks, it is against World 1 rules.
• Challenging is the way to get another wolf’s rank. To challenge, click the ram head that is purple, the red one is to attack.

Pack Structure-
• If you have rank 1 of all males, you can mate with the alpha female in late winter.
• You are also able to kick other wolves from the pack, but they must be ranked below you.
• Another privilege is that you can add members to your pack, but they have to be loners.
Mating-
• In late winter, the alpha male may mate with the alpha female.
• Your mate will follow you to the den after you mate.

Preparing the den-
• Materials Needed:
- Straw (12-13 Pieces)
- Leaves (2 Pieces)
Tips-
1. Don’t actually build the nest until you have mated or are close to giving birth. This will slow the materials expiration.
2. Parasites are a major problem; always shake the nest to rid it of them.
3. Keep extra denning materials in the den, in case the nest begins to wear away.

Pups-
• Most work for males is just bringing meat to the female. She will provide milk for the pups, and it is your job to provide for her.
• Once the pups eat meat, regurgitate plenty of meat for the pups.
• Collecting bones is always good idea, in case they need calcium.
Adulthood
Being an adult finally is a great accomplishment. I consider a wolf an adult if it has at least a quarter of its age circle filled. There is one thing that I would only recommend doing if you’re an adult wolf and have a strong pack, hunting.
• Hunting- Hunting is a great privilege for those who can’t wait for summer, when the elk fall prey to sickness, and need the large carcasses now. When hunting, you should first rally your pack by howling. Once the pack is fully accounted for, find a young calf, or a sick/old elk. Click pack attack on the animal, and the pack will all go for the kill. You may have to keep telling them to attack every once in awhile, because they may lose interest. Also, elk or buffalo will protect their young with the whole herd; this can end up with fatalities for your pack. Even if the whole herd doesn’t attack, pack members could still die.

Elder Life-
• Has your age reached the red portion of the circle? Can you feel yourself getting slower and weaker? Yes, it does happen. You’ve had a great, long life, but it’s slowly falling apart. You lose your strength and health. Age is the worst condition, especially when you get the Age Sicknesses. These illnesses will most likely be your death, because they wear down your health to where you have almost nothing left, and then suddenly your healed. When an elder, your health does not rejuvenate fast, if at all.
• Your best bet is to find the den near the large lake in the south portion of the map. Rest here, and only go out to scavenge for some food and, when the sickness comes, go bath in the water. Try every square in the lake; one of them might get rid of your sickness. Abandon your pack, for when the members see weakness, they sometimes attack.
• Eventually you will die, as all of us do. Just be grateful you had such a long, productive life.

Thank you for reading! Hope this was helpful. If you need to know more, just post below.
FrostedLake
Bluebird Chick

Re: Coat's Grey Wolf Guide

Post by FrostedLake »

my mom kept attacking me, even though I let her in my pack. :?:
IcyFox
Bluebird Chick

Post by IcyFox »

that helped me a lot
HELP!

HHEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!
I really want them to hatch! Please everybody, everytime you log on, click on all of them plllllz? :( DONT WANT IT TO DIE!!! :( :|
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I really love this guide. It was very helpful, Coats! ^^
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Wow. Nice and detailed. ^.^ I've played as a wolf before.. I think I might get AG again, since when I DID have the wolf, I rarely ever grew up in a den alive thanks to the wolf-nesting glitch. :/ Anyways, helpful guide. C:
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea