..::Meow's.Magnificent.Fox.Guide::..

This is where all guides for WEO can be found. All similar guides will be merged with one another.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

CatsMeow
Bluebird Chick

..::Meow's.Magnificent.Fox.Guide::..

Post by CatsMeow »

THE FOX LIFE
-No Solids
-Weaned
-Summer
-Fall
-Winter
-Spring
-Breeding (Males/Females)
-Caring For Kits (Males/Females)
-Elder Age

~~~~

NO SOLIDS (Skip If You Are Not Starting As A Baby or are Already Weaned)
So, you've decided to become a fox. Foxes usually live well into old age, or at least they do by my experience. Anyway, you start out in the den as an itty bitty baby fox. Your life depends solely on your mother at this point in time. Every time she comes in I recommend you nurse. Having a hard time beating your siblings to it? Sit in the square next to the entrance to the den. I found this to help a lot, personally. Most times, Mama Fox will slow down enough for you to nurse first before moving on to the other cubs. Challenge your litter mates when you are not drinking. This will help your combat skill greatly. It's best to start early, and the only thing it wastes is energy. You do not have to be on the same square to challenge! You can sit near the entrance of the den and challenge at the same time! DO NOT sit on the same square as the entrance! If a snake or other predator comes in the first prey they're going to see is YOU. Bad idea! Occasionally move to the same square as the other kits, as doing this will give your parents the chance to clean you. I recommend you stay in the den at all times! There is no point in going out, seeing as you can't yet eat solids, and there are lots of predators. Stay inside, you'll be warm and cared for.

~~~~

WEANED
You will know when you're weaned when you are too old to nurse. Congrats on surviving to complete a new milestone in your life! You can now eat whatever adult foxes eat such as:
-Bone
-Regurgitated Food (That Yellow Vomity Stuff)
-Tall Grass
-Fresh meat
-Aged Meat
-Desert Plant Fruit
-Bue berries
-Red berries
-Cicadas (Must Be Picked Up To Eat)
-Worms (Must Be Picked Up To Eat)
-Bees (Must Be Picked Up To Eat)
-Beetles (Must Be Picked Up To Eat)
Being weaned, in my opinion, is not nearly as difficult as nursing! You have many more food options! By now your combat skills should be a little less than halfway full (depends on how much you challenge). Now it is time to start attacking your litter mates. Wait until your energy is relatively high, then choose the weakest (least health or combat) of the bunch. Keep attacking until death, then repeat the process on your other litter mates. This may seem harsh, but will help you in the long run. You will be able to eat your sibling's carcass, and you will gain more combat! If you are having certain trouble on a particular litter mate, then attempt to pick them up (it may take a few tries). Once you have grabbed a hold on your troublesome litter mate, take them out of the den. Yay! You have taken your first steps as a young fox on the WEO grounds! Quickly find a hole you can fit through and go into it (not your den). Place your litter mate deep inside, then return to your nest. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LITTERMATE OUTSIDE. Though this may seem like a quick way to get rid of it, a lot of times it isn't. Your parents will continue to feed your litter mate outside, and usually the mother completely forgets about feeding you! Mama Fox will focus on you if she doesn't know where her other child went. Other than a small outing every now and then to get some extra food (if you still have a bunch of brothers and sisters) or to leave a brother or sister in a cave, I recommend you stay in your den. You will be taken care of by your parent(s) and life will be good.

~~~~

SUMMER
Spring has ended and summer has ensued. If you started out as a baby you should now be a young adult and old enough to leave that dreadful den. I am always glad when I no longer have to stare at those dreadfully boring walls and doing nothing but sleep, eat, and poop. You can now explore the world! By this time, your combat skills should be a bit more than halfway, again, this depends on how you took care of your litter mates. But don't hesitate, get out there! You have a world to explore. Bathe in the lake every now and then, to keep cool. If your body heat bar starts blinking get to cover and snooze it off. Practice your hunting technique, but only on animals who won't fight back. This would include mice, rabbits, geckos, and most bird types. After you have filled your combat bar don't be afraid to take on coyotes and bobcats when they get too close! Honestly, the summer is the time to have fun as a fox, no matter the age.

~~~~

FALL
Early fall is still warm enough to travel around. Look for that perfect den location. To me, den location is simply personal preference. I've tried all of them, and my favorite is actually the big underground den. Logs are a bit small for foxes, and so are the regular sized dens to me. But again, some people like smaller spaces. The big den, my favorite, is large and circular. It's about 5 squares big. The entrance square is perfect for storing hay, leaves, or even to be used as a bathroom. You can use the rest of the space for food storage, and keep a corner of the nest reserved for the kits (you are planning on having them, right?). The medium sized den, the one any fox can dig, is about 4 squares big, and is rather narrow. The square above where the nest is built is good for food, leaf, and hay storage. Kits will stay in the nest below the storage area and have easy access to food once they are weaned. The last possible denning option is the log. It's two squares big, and only a single exit (even though if it were up to me it would have two! No room to escape predators!). You basically will be storing the food right next to or on top of the kits. I think you should store it on top, since again, try to keep them away from entrances. By early to mid fall you should have found the perfect (for you) denning location! Begin digging (or examining) the den. Once you have finished the den, start gathering materials. The den will usually require many pieces of straw, and one or two leaves. Try to get it's quality around 100%. By mid or late fall your nest should be completed. Keep gathering supplies for it. You never know when you'll need them. Spend the rest of fall gathering more nest supplies and challenging nearby males for your right to mate.

~~~~

WINTER
Let the breeding games begin! Well, not quite. Breeding season is that short amount of time near the end of winter, so the pups will be born in the spring. Spend the whole winter challenging other males, marking your territory, keeping your nest in tip top condition, and you must start building up your food stores! Near the end of winter, when the egg appears, it is your duty to find a mate. Find one as fast as possible! The amount of time for this to take place is very short, so ASAP. You don't need to bring food to your mate just yet, all they do is sit in your den until somebody gives birth in the spring. But make sure no intruders break in and kill your mate (who will come in handy). All of these tasks will usually keep you pretty busy, so this snippet on winter is going to be rather short, ending with this period ----> .

~~~~

SPRING
Ah, food is plentiful again, and your mate should give birth during this season. Naming, cleaning, and taking care of the pups ALL SEASON LONG should keep you very busy. In fact, so busy that you'll spend all spring doing it and I made a separate section for it.

~~~~

BREEDING
You've followed my season guide, it's now late winter, the egg sign has showed up, and you want to continue the lifecycle and your legacy, right? No worries, it's a piece of cake:
MALES: Wish to impress the ladies, eh? It shouldn't be too hard, if you've been following this guide and were challenging other males most of the winter. First off, you should rank [located above age] higher than 50% of the males in that world. If you do not, keep challenging till you do. But be quick about it, because for foxes, breeding season is a short window of opportunity! Next, clean! Clean until you have not one speck of dirt upon your coat! Now, go find a lady fox. It could even be one of your sisters! The game doesn't detect inbreeding. Once you have found that beautiful female fox, start showing affection, dancing, and playing with her. Keep doing that until your social bar is filled, which shouldn't take long. After that bar is all green, press the heart button. It should be a success. If not, correct the thing she asked you to fix then try again. After mating lead your new bride back to your den, but slowly! Make sure she stays on your screen at all times, give her time to catch up if needed. Once you two are outside the den go on in. Your lady fox should jump in too, and go to the deepest part of the burrow. There she will just wait until her egg timer goes off. Make sure she's clean, and healthy. You do not need to feed her. Do not panic when the egg timer starts blinking, but I recommend you stay by her side until the pups are born, just for that emotional effect xD .
FEMALES: All those boys are drooling, correct? No worries, all you have to do is show off why those males should choose you over her. First step, make sure your nest quality is around 100%! A little more shouldn't hurt anything, but if it's a little less, fix it, pronto! Next step, clean yourself. You can do it in the river to see if you can catch anyone staring, but keep in mind, it may be to cold for that. Once you smell like a clean lady fox, find a handsome man who's good looks you'd want your kits to inherit. I recommend one that has high combat, but it's up to you, really. Now, fill that social bar by clicking dance, show affection, and playing with him. When your social bar is filled, click that red heart and attempt to mate. If it's not successful fix whatever was the matter and try again. Once you two have mated, slowly head back to the den. Make sure your hubby stays on the screen at all times! Finally, once you two get to the den slip inside, and he should follow. Now, you have a lot of free time to fill by not getting killed. AVOID PREDATORS AT ALL COSTS. All that hard work you put into earning the right to mate would be whipped away in under 2 seconds. You should gather some food, and try to stay warm and healthy. Watch that egg timer. Do not be on the opposite side of the map when it starts blinking! As soon as it starts blinking go back to your den, have a nice meal of some of that stored food, make sure your mate is okay, and clean yourself off. You want to look like a goddess to your kits (you do actually decide their fate).

~~~~

CARING FOR KITS
Finally! All that waiting has come to an end and you or your mate has given birth. Welcome to parenthood, the gift that can be a curse!
MALES: When that egg timer starts blinking MAKE SURE YOUR NEST IS AT 100%! Ah! You're freaking out right? All those tiny creatures just popped up outta nowhere! First step, give them all a good cleaning, while the Mrs. goes out to fetch food for her milk supply. Then I suggest you name them, but this is optional. I like to give their names a theme, but some people just do it randomly. Next, clean them again. Then, go out to fetch food for when they're weaned. You can't really do much other than that for a while, except make sure the nest is parasite free and cleaning them every couple of minutes. Time should fly, caring for them. Now they are weaned. Yay! Really, you shouldn't be yay-ing. They eat an incredible amount. You'll probably not have free time until the summer again. The best way to collect food for the pups, yes there is a best way, is to go out, eat until you're full. Then find a piece of meat to bring back to them. Now, throw up twice for them and give them the piece of meat. You can also bring back live animals and attempt to kill them in the nest. Try and let them go when your mate is in doors, since they'll help with the killing. Continue making sure nothing goes wrong until summer, when they should all flee the nest as adults.
FEMALES: When that egg timer starts blinking MAKE SURE YOUR NEST IS AT 100%! My goodness! Those kits just popped up outta no where! Clean them, and name them. Stay there and give them the milk they deserve, and feel free to eat anything your mate brings back. Clean them, the nest, and your mate to show your appreciation. After a while, milk production will slow down. No worries, this is the first step to weaning. Finally they will be eating meat. The best way to collect food for the pups, yes there is a best way, is to go out, eat until you're full. Then find a piece of meat to bring back to them. Now, throw up twice for them and give them the piece of meat. You can also bring back live animals and attempt to kill them in the nest. Try and let them go when your mate is in doors, since they'll help with the killing. Continue making sure nothing goes wrong until summer, when they should all flee the nest as adults.

~~~~

ELDER AGE
You have survived the wilderness, had many litters, and grown into a big ole fox. Now it is time to relax. Normally, when I am an elder I go back to the place I was born, set up a nest, and live out the rest of my life as healthy and as happy as possible. There isn't really much to do to except relax and help nature take it's course.

~~~~

USER TIPS
Foxesrule wrote:I'm on the highscore board for foxes, and I'd like to add a little about red age.

STOP RAIDING COYOTE DENS. Seriously. When I was in red age this got me killed because after being hit by the coyote I had low health and I couldn't cure my red age sickness fast enough. You know what happened next.

Also, to temporarily cure red-age sickness, take a drink from the waterfall and the lake at the bottom of the map. If that dosen't work, lick minerals as well.

~~~~

THANKS FOR READING
This guide took me two days and many hours to finish. I appreciate your reading it.
Last edited by CatsMeow on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: ..::Meow's.Magnificent.Fox.Guide::..

Post by Foxesrule »

I'm on the highscore board for foxes, and I'd like to add a little about red age.

STOP RAIDING COYOTE DENS. Seriously. When I was in red age this got me killed because after being hit by the coyote I had low health and I couldn't cure my red age sickness fast enough. You know what happened next.

Also, to temporarily cure red-age sickness, take a drink from the waterfall and the lake at the bottom of the map. If that dosen't work, lick minerals aswell.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: ..::Meow's.Magnificent.Fox.Guide::..

Post by NatureHeart »

Best fox guide ever! Loved it! I know what I will play as when I get on! ;) And Foxes, I always bathe in the lake at the top left of the map. Always heals me! :D Sometimes I die before I reach it though. xP
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥